Super hidden promo code below !!
Welcome back to the 16th installment of my blog, in which I don’t claim to be an expert, in fact the opposite. I’m a new user to the AR platform and want to share my findings and experiences as I go through and build rifles as well as being the Operations Manager at Tyrant Designs.
I need some interaction out of my readers today. At Tyrant headquarters, we were brain storming all the reasons why Americans NEED an AR-15, as a fun little exercise before our weekly Monday morning meeting (which is not in the least bit boring or a waste of time…) Anyways here are a few reasons I came up with and/or stole from my coworkers. At the end of this post let me know what reasons you think are important that I forgot to mention!
1. Chamber Versatility - The AR platform can shoot in many different calibers. 9MM, 6.5 creedmore, 6.8 grendel, 7.62X39, 308, .223, 5.56, and many more.
2. Customization - My favorite reason for owning an AR is how it can be custom built for a variety of different purposes. Most of the parts are interchangeable and made to fit most builds. Whether the build is purpose driven or made more for aesthetics, there are mil-spec parts out there for every need. Including AR Grips (shameless plug).
3. It’s easy to shoot relative to other firearms – The AR-15 doesn’t have much of a recoil when you consider the stopping power. Flip up irons or your trusty red dot dramatically increase your effectiveness. For a long gun this is a good compromise and a great reason to own.
4. It’s an American staple like apple pie – Millions of our trusted military service men and women have been trained with a version of the AR-15. I know many veterans that will buy one just based on the fact they know it well.
5. Fun – If you have never used one, what are you waiting for? They are accurate, low recoil, light weight, and just make you feel bad ass. Anyone person who’s shot a firearm will tell you it’s fun to actually hit stuff you’re aiming at.
6. Learning – The AR-15 isn’t complicated to put together. It wasn’t that long ago I pieced my first rifle together by myself using youtube videos as a guide and by gone it, the rifle actually worked.
7. Millennials – AR-15 ownership seems to really piss off cry baby millennials. Come to think of it, this is my favorite reason to own.
8. Prepping – Are you licking your lips getting ready for a post apocalyptic America? Hard to imagine a scenario that you wouldn’t need a reliable rifle like the AR-15. I’ve been buying lots of smart water, does that count?
9. Self Defense – Go check out my blog post making the case for the AR-15 to be the perfect home defense weapon. It’s accurate, light weight, and has a high magazine capacity, to name a few reasons why you should own one.
10. Hunting - An AR-10 chambered in .308 would make an excellent deer hunting rifle. An AR-15 chambered in .223 or 5.56 can be great for predator hunting. Ask any farmer who has a coyote problem and what he chooses to defend his livestock with.
These are just 10 reasons of why I believe Americans need an AR-15. I had many more, but I know you have a very important life and you don’t want to listen to me blab on for more time than it takes you to read this on the toilet.
What reasons do you think it’s important to own an AR-15? Leave a comment below.
P.S. use promo code SpringBling at checkout. I'm totally sneaking this in and people will probably be annoyed with me. You're welcome.